Making your business or product stand out in a crowded market place can be one of the toughest challenges you face. You might have the best invention or business idea there is but if you can’t get it in front of the right people you could have wasted countless days, months, years and money on something that will never see the light of day. The guiding principle of Only Marketing is to make an impact and there are a number of steps you can take to help your brand or product gain that competitive edge.
Here are some of our top tips.
1. Begin with the end in mind. Know what success looks like and what you are trying to achieve from the outset. What is the big ambition and how does it fit with your overall business and growth objectives?
2. You need to identify your USP and own it. What is your point of difference from everything else on the market? That special something that will keep customers coming back for more.
3. Research – do your homework. Know your audiences and your market – the numbers always count! Always look for improvements and don’t be afraid to shake things up. Speak to potential customers and be open to honest feedback – good and bad.
4. Interrogate data – what insights can you get access to? What does it tell you and how can it improve your business or product? Do more of what resonates with your audience.
5. Speak to agencies like Only Marketing or specialists to educate yourself. There is no obligation to buy but they should be able to save you time and money and get you the best results.
6. Embrace new media. Don’t be afraid of the unknown. View it as an opportunity to reach new audiences and engage with them on a deeper level. Find someone in your business who has an interest in social marketing and appoint them as a dedicated online champ who can take ownership of your channels.
7. Watch and learn. Look at companies or brands you admire. What do you like about what they are doing? What could you learn from them and where are they missing a trick?
8. Have a plan and stick to it. Agree your strategy and keep your eye on the bigger picture. Don’t get side-tracked and lose sight of what you are trying to achieve.
9. Nothing is impossible. Impossible is only an opinion not a fact so don’t ever lose that burning desire that led you to where you are today.
10. Be proactive and don’t ever be afraid to take the shot. Attitude is everything and the difference between a successful business and one that fails is often an inspiring leader who hangs on in there when everyone else lets go!
We live in a world today where businesses and brands are vying for our attention 24/7 but it is still possible to make an impact and stand out. If you want to find new ways to excite, engage and ultimately encourage an experience of your brand or product get in touch with Only Marketing today.